Defining user access to the Monotype Fonts platform is easy. Learn how to invite, deactivate, and set permissions access for users and teams.
How do I invite users?
To invite new users to your company, first click on the “Invite new users” button in the top-right corner of the Users section.
In the Invite users to your company dialog, enter a list of email addresses of users you’d like to invite. You can use a comma to separate individual addresses.
You will need to assign the proper role for your users upon inviting them by clicking the drop-down menu. Optionally, you may also choose to pre-assign users to one or more teams. Once you've typed in the email addresses of users you'd like to invite, click the "Send" button to send them an invitation link via email.
Any existing user set up on Monotype Fonts can request their admins to add new users to the platform. Every request should come with all pertinent details, as the pending requests will be reviewed by admins in the Invited section.
Users already set up on Monotype Fonts can also request their admins to add new users to the platform. When doing so, make sure to include important details, as the pending requests will be reviewed by admins in the Invited tab.
What are pending invites?
Pending invites are user invites that have not been accepted yet. Invitations last for 14 days, after which the link sent to the invited user’s email address will automatically expire.
All pending invitations can be reviewed under the Invited tab of the Users section.
Admins can revoke an invite sent which is not yet accepted by the user instead of waiting for 14 days for the invite to auto-cancel.
Where do I find a list of all users?
You can find a list of all users by clicking the Users tab on the dashboard.
The Users list is present in a tabular format sectioned into columns with the following details:
- Users: This column, as the name suggests, displays users’ names, email and profile photo.
- SSO group: In the case of users logging into Monotype Fonts via a single sign-on method, this column displays the name of the group they belong to. Groups in Monotype Fonts are usually mapped to the groups defined in your company’s active directory system. Unmapped users appear as belonging to a “default” group.
- Team: Names of the teams your users belong to.
- Role: Roles assigned to your users.
- Action: This column provides the option to activate or deactivate users.
How do I find a particular user?
The search bar at the top of the Users list allows you to run a quick search for a particular user(s) in your company.
The “Add filters” button next to the user search bar allows you to filter the User list based on Roles and Teams.
How do I revoke user access?
To revoke access to the Monotype Fonts platform and all synced fonts, an admin will need to deactivate a user. Deactivation is the best way to terminate the access of an employee who’s no longer with the company: deactivated accounts would no longer be able to access the Monotype Fonts platform and all synced fonts. It also frees up a seat to be reassigned as needed.
Deactivated accounts can be reactivated later, or fully deleted from the platform.
How do I deactivate or reactivate a user?
To deactivate a user, make sure you’re on the active users tab.
Afterward, click the “Deactivate” button for the user account you need to deactivate. The button can be found on the right side of the screen.
To reactivate a user, click the Inactive tab.
Then, click the “Activate” button on the right side of the screen.
What are roles?
Roles are customized permission-sets for users and teams in your company. Your Monotype Fonts account has 2 non-editable roles pre-built—Admin and Full Access. You can create up to 5 additional custom roles according to your teams’ needs.
How do I create roles?
To create custom roles, click on the “+” button next to the Roles title:
You can pick and choose the permissions for every role you create.
What are the permissions that I can configure for my custom roles?
There are five permissions you can configure for your custom roles:
- Font syncing.
- Install any font or family: This allows users to sync any font or family from the inventory using the Monotype App.
- Install any font or family from a shared font list only: This allows users to sync fonts and families contained only in font lists shared with them using the Monotype App.
2. Font downloads.
- Download font files: This gives users the ability to download any of the fonts or families from the inventory.
- Download font files from shared font list only: This allows users to download fonts and families contained only in font lists shared with them.
3. Web fonts.
- Download web font projects SHKs: This allows users to download SHKs or self-hosting kit(s) for web fonts.
4. Organize & share.
- Create My Library assets: Gives users the ability to create My Library assets.
- Share assets: Allows you to specify whether users can share assets with anyone in the company or with their respective teams only.
What are teams?
Teams are admin-defined user groups. Teams can be used to streamline library access and collaboration, and to gain visibility into the different groups working with your organization’s fonts.
How do I create and delete a team?
To create a team, click on the “+” button next to the Teams title.
In the “New Team” dialog, enter a Name for your team, and optionally, a Description.
Click “Done” to finish creating your team.
To delete a team, click on the name of the team you wish to delete. In the team dialog, click on the “Delete team” button in the top-right corner to delete the team.
How do I add and remove users to a team?
To add users to your team, click on the name of a team you wish to add users to.
Next, in the team dialog, under the Add users to this team, add users by typing in their email address of name and click on the “Add” button.
Click “Done” to finish adding users to your team.
To remove users from the team, click on the name of a team you wish to remove users from. In the team dialog, remove a user by clicking on the “remove icon” beside their name(s).
You can also search for particular users using the search bar at the top of the dialog.
Click “Done” to finish making edits to your team.